The volunteer process for has changed. There are no longer paper applications to fill out - all of our volunteers (new and returning) will be required to complete an online application which can be found on the WRPS website here: http://www.wrps.org/community/inschoolopportunities.cfm
Grant School Mission Statement
- All students are able to learn.
- Grant School is an accepting place where students, staff and parents feel safe, able to take risks and discover their talents.
- Grant School is a supportive community where involvement is encouraged and education is viewed as a joint effort.
- Our classroom curriculum is meaningful, consistent, developmental and accessible to all learners.
- Our classroom instruction is based on the needs of the learners and what we know about how children learn.
Grant School welcomes parent and community involvement and strives for open communication.
Grant School Vision
Learning Community: Parents, guardians, students, staff and the community will work together and share ownership in Grant School.
Community Climate: The Grant learning community will be an environment in which the basic needs of love, esteem, belongingness, safety and physical well-being are met.
Diversity and Differentiation: The Grant learning community will acknowledge and value diversity.
Curriculum: The Grant learning community will set high academic standards and use best instructional practices to ensure that all students experience success and growth according to their individual abilities.
Assessment: The Grant learning community will use a variety of assessment tools to guide the learning process and determine best instructional practices.
Lifelong Learning: The Grant learning community will value learning and have the desire to continue learning throughout our lives.