Who may apply?
WRPS staff or any community member in partnership with a WRPS educator for grades 4K-12, may submit an application..
Download the application form.
What funding requests will be considered?
• Requests may be up to $1,000 for projects that benefit students and staff in any WRPS academic discipline.
• Requests also can be made in support of educational efforts or training of any student, employee or affiliate participants (i.e., volunteer coaches/advisors) involved in eligible co-curricular* activities. As a general rule, funding may not be used for operating expenses such as uniforms, equipment or travel. *Co-curricular activities are defined as those involving performances, production of publications, or competitions in which students represent the school and do not receive academic credit. Examples may include: drama, music, school newspapers, yearbook, DECA, debate, intramural athletics, etc.
• NOTE: TECHNOLOGY AND SOFTWARE PURCHASE PROPOSALS must go through the WRPS Technology approval process BEFORE your funding application is submitted to Advocates for WRPS.
Download: Technology Hardware Purchase Request Form
Or call Technology Support, 715-424-6715 Ex. 1035, for a form.
Applications/proposals are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the proposed project to WRPS District’s mission: Working together with home and community, we are dedicated to providing the best education for every student, enabling each to be a thoughtful, responsible contributor to a changing world.
- Evidence of how this project will improve on current practices.
- Justification for funding that exceeds the school district resources. Indicate any additional funding resources, if applicable.
- Correlation with curriculum/instructional goals of your school building and/or the District.
- Preference for model projects implemented in one year or less.
- Clarity of project evaluation plan.
- Potential to serve as a model that could be replicated within the school district.
- Evidence of cooperation with other community resources or persons who share similar interests.
- Preferences will be given to funding requests that show evidence of sustainability beyond a one-time project or event.
- Preferences will be given to funding requests that provide a direct link to student skills acquisition.
How to submit your Application Form
Mail/Email/Fax your application anytime during the year:
Advocates for WRPS Education
c/o Incourage Community Foundation
478 E Grand Ave
Wisconsin Rapids WI 54494
After your application is submitted
Applicants will receive a letter announcing funding notification within 30 days of applying. The process may be expedited under special circumstances. Approved applicants also will be provided with information about distribution of funds and other general expectations.