The District is currently in the process of updating our Title I Program information including various school specific Title I information. As we continue to update our practices and policies in regard to Title I programming, listed below is general information regarding the WRPS Title I program.
Federal law requires that parents of each student attending any school receiving Title I funds may request and obtain information regarding the professional qualifications of their child’s classroom teachers, including:
- Whether the student’s teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade level(s) and subject area(s) taught.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status through which state licensing criteria have been waived.
- Whether the student’s teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
All teachers have at least a bachelor’s degree in the Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools and many have advanced degrees. In addition, over 99% of the teachers in this district are fully licensed for their assignment. If you want to see the state qualification for your child’s teacher, you may find it on the DPI Website at https://elo.wieducatorlicensing.org/datamart/publicSearchMenu.do
In addition, if the student is provided services by paraprofessionals, parents may request their qualifications. Parents may request teacher and/or paraprofessional qualification information through their building principal.
Programs supported by Title 1 funds must be designed and implemented in consultation with parents of the students being served. Parent and family engagement strategies will be coordinated and integrated with other local, state, and federal initiatives. Title 1 funded schools will send out information annually to parents concerning the District parent and family engagement policy. (See Board Policy 342.5)
Additional information or questions about the WRPS Title I program can be directed to:
- Kathi Stebbins-Hintz - Director of Curriculum and Instruction - 715-424-6721
- Jennifer Wilhorn - Elementary Literacy Supervisor - 715-424-6721